Zoom Lens Problem

Guest stevey

Guest stevey

Hello All,

I have a 1/3" CCD CS MOUNT SONY DAY NIGHT CAMERA, SPEC HERE:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/3863288121.pdf

I also have a COMPUTAR 10mm - 300mm 1/2" C MOUNT ZOOM LENS, SPEC HERE:

http://www.norbain.co.uk/downloads/datashe...30Z1015AMSP.PDF

I have screwed the camera into the lens, the thread fits but I don't get a proper picture and all I get it a black screen.

I am not bothering about presets at the moment. I have tested the zoom and focus which are connected to the telemetry controller with four wires, zoom + and focus + to seperate terminals and zoom - and focus - to common; and physically see that they do actually work fine as I can see the lens mechanically moving.

I have plugged the 4 pin lens plug into the side of the sony camera, I think I read somewhere that there were two types of autoiris control? I think that the sony has the DC autoiris control, I'm not sure so you can quickly check in the manual above if you want to. I think that the problem is that the iris is fully closed and no light is getting through, hence the black image?

There is a focus adjustment screw on this camera next to the autoiris option, does this mean that I do not need to have a 5mm spacer when using a C lens on a CS mount camera?

I take it that with a 1/3" CCD on a 1/2" lens that the 1/3" CCD will see the middle of the 1/2" lens, effectivly getting the best part of the lens?

Please help me as I'm very :huh:

Thanks,

Steve

Guest stevey
Yes you will need the spacer and then set the back focus :yes:

With no spacer am I still suppost to get a black image, as in no light is hitting the CCD at all! ?

Guest stevey
Have you got the auto iris lead plugged in the camera, is the camera set to the right type of lens DD or AI or have you plugged a AI lens in the DD socket.

Is the lens cap still on ?

The lens cap is off the end of the camera. The camera square 4 pin socket has the following connections:

DC CONTROL Drive - (Ground)

DC CONTROL Control +

DC CONTROL Control -

DC CONTROL Drive +

if the iris of the lens is open yes, look into the lens you will see if the iris is open or closed.

you will never get a picture with that combination regardless of the iris being opened or closed.

stevey,

Two things; firstly a 'C' mount lens will always require a 5mm spacer ring to be fitted if it's being used on a 'CS' mount camera. Without it, you won't be able to focus the image.

Secondly, the manual you linked to for the lens, is clearly showing an AI lens, in other words, the Auto Iris amplifier is built in to the lens itself - you should see two adjustments marked as 'ALC' and 'Level' on the outside of the lens casing. If you do, then it confirms that it's not a DD lens.

I couldn't get the camera manual to work for me, so you will need to locate the switch that changes from DD to AI wiring for the lens iris socket, then connect up the 12v (Red), 0v (Black) and Video (white) conductors to the correct pins.

Without wishing to state the obvious, don't do any lens wiring, or switch changing with the camera powered up.

Fingers crossed, the AI / DD issue won't have caused any problems with the lens.

Archived