Security Installer Community

Zoom Lens Problem

Guest stevey

Guest stevey
stevey,

Two things; firstly a 'C' mount lens will always require a 5mm spacer ring to be fitted if it's being used on a 'CS' mount camera. Without it, you won't be able to focus the image.

Secondly, the manual you linked to for the lens, is clearly showing an AI lens, in other words, the Auto Iris amplifier is built in to the lens itself - you should see two adjustments marked as 'ALC' and 'Level' on the outside of the lens casing. If you do, then it confirms that it's not a DD lens.

I couldn't get the camera manual to work for me, so you will need to locate the switch that changes from DD to AI wiring for the lens iris socket, then connect up the 12v (Red), 0v (Black) and Video (white) conductors to the correct pins.

Without wishing to state the obvious, don't do any lens wiring, or switch changing with the camera powered up.

Fingers crossed, the AI / DD issue won't have caused any problems with the lens.

There is no switch on the camera at all! you just wire the plug custom to what is required. What do 12v Red 0V Black and Video White relate to on my 4 pin connections?

Your camera instructions only mention a DD lens type and your lens instructions say its AI, does the lens have two little pots on it mark 'Level' 'ALC' as Doktor John asked if this is the case you wont get it working.

Camera looks like it only supports DD lens, i hope it was cheap, moswt cameras support DD and AI, is it a old camera ?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived