Security Installer Community

Avc785d Or Dvr365?????

jig

I wish to buy a satndalone 8 channel dvr that will meet the following requirements and be under $1000(

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

The DVR365 doesn't have an integral DC writer AFAIK

You can drop a USB one on it though, or copy to CD-R on a LAN connected machine.

I'd probably go for the DVR365 myself.

Guest bainsy

I use the collossus from ljd which i think is the best networking dvr i've used so far as it uses H264 also the VT series of dvrs from cop are great as they have a high res record of 720 X 576, just amazing.

DVR 365 is great, have used them before, you can get quite good frame rates over the internet compared to some other machines. Try there website think its dvr365.com , theres a good demo and a controllable ptz!

• 3 weeks later...

I have read the thread and do not want to post an answer for commercial gain but would like you to be aware of the following point;

Please be aware that we use an external CD writer to the DVR365 as it allows us to put 8 x 500gb drives in the DVR, 4Tb. If you add an internal writer you can fit in 8 drives, 6 is about the maximum.

Only with 4Tb can you get good quality pictures with 16 camera is realtime 24/7 for more than 31days. This is a police requirement for many bars and some council adopt the same policy. The CD writer simple plugs in to the USB port when needed. A DVD writer will follow soon.

I actually have the AV machine and don

System Q Ltd.

Archived